Life... and Peanut Butter Cookies!

How do we know... as we go through every day life... who is real and who is not?

Who is artificial and who is not?

I am tending to think more than what is necessary, these days. About life. About people.

What have I been doing these days! Some interests that kept me going in the past, have been abandoned, just because I find it hard to keep those interests going. Funny though, no new interest has been taken up :)

Cooking food is like falling in love. I still do it with a lot of passion. For family, for friends. Life has also been a roller coaster of emotions for me, lately. Some big, some small. To each person their problems are the heaviest.

Not that I am a fan of peanut butter or cookies. Sometimes I just fall in love with the idea, the recipe.

I made these quite sometime back. I remember I just needed to feel liberated on the day I made this. The want to feed family was the last thing on mind and I am brutally honest on that.

You need a vent. You need a space.




PEANUT BUTTER COOKIES
Ingredients: 
Softened Butter, unsalted:  6 tablespoons
White granulated sugar:     1/4 cup
Light brown sugar:              1/4 cup
Smooth peanut butter (crunchy is also great!): 6 tablespoons
Egg, beaten:                       1/2
Vanilla Extract:                    1/2 teaspoon
All purpose flour:                 1 level cup
Baking soda:                       1/2 teaspoon
Salt:                                     1/2 teaspoon
Method: 
Cream the softened butter in a mixing bowl with an egg beater. Scrape down the sides of the bowl. To this, add the sugars and cream well for 2 minutes. Add the peanut butter and cream yet again. Add the egg and vanilla extract and mix well. In another bowl, take the flour and add the baking soda into it. Mix it with a spoon so that they are combined well. Add the flour mix into the peanut butter mix and beat again till the flour is combined and forms a thick batter. Get the batter together with a spatula and cover the bowl with a wrap, leave it in the refrigerator for an hour to get set. 
Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C. Take the cookie batter and make small lime sized balls of it and arrange on a baking tray lined with butter paper leaving space in between each. Take a bowl of white granulated sugar, dip a fork in the sugar, and FLATTEN EACH BALL TWO TIMES, WHILE MAKING A CRISS CROSS PATTERN ON THEM. 
Bake it in the oven for 15 minutes, till they are light brown in colour. Take out and leave for 10 minutes and don't worry if it looks undercooked! They will be perfect as they cool.

Yes, I need to blog more. I need to cook more. I need to click more.
Lots of love and happiness!


Comments

Wow!!! It is really interesting post. Great to read. Thank you for sharing :) Expecting more awesome posts from you and waiting for that. :)

Popular Posts